When you’re thinking about the ideal characteristics of a new or used vehicle, reliability and longevity come to mind.
An analysis by iSeeCars.com crunched data from an inventory of nearly 16 million cars to determine kings of the road.
Toyota, Honda and GMC models were the most likely vehicles to reach 200,000 miles. On the opposite side of the spectrum? Luxury vehicles such as Porsche and BMW were the least likely to have been sold having reached that mileage threshold.
Here are the top five vehicles that showed reliability and longevity, according to this extensive study.
- Ford – Just about 1 percent of Ford models sold registered at least 200,000 miles. The odometer reading is from 2019 and applies to all the following vehicles.
- Chevrolet – Nearly 1.5 percent of Chevrolet vehicles were sold with at least 200,000 miles.
- GMC – About 1.4 percent of GMC vehicles were sold with at least 200,000 miles.
- Honda – About 1.6 percent of Honda vehicles were sold with at least 200,000 miles.
- Toyota – About 1.8 percent of Toyota vehicles were sold with at least 200,000 miles.
Not every vehicle can reach this milestone. Whatever the reason, sometimes it’s best to just let the vehicle go.
If you have a car that’s no longer meeting your needs, Planet Auto Wholesale will be happy to work with you so you can unload that clunker. Please contact us today to learn more.